Library Main Block
Treasure of Knowledge
Students Quenching Academic Thirst
Library is the heart of every educational institution. The Tamil Nadu National law School has a three-storied building having approximately 9950 books on various titles along with reporters and journals like All India Reporter, All England Reporter, AIR Manual, Halsbury laws of England,Corpus Juris Secundum,Labour Law Journal, Madras Law Journal, Current Tamil Nadu Cases, Criminal Law Journal,Company Cases etc.,
The Tamil Nadu National Law School Library Regulations
- 1. TNNLS library shall be for the use of students and faculty members of theSchool.
- 2.No outsider from other University / Institution shall be allowed except with the prior permission of the Dean of the School. In no case such person shall be allowed to take any book, documents and other materials from the library maintained bytheSchool.
- 3.Thetiming of the library shall be as follows:-
- The timing of the library shall be as follows:-
Monday to Friday
||9:00 am to 10:00 pm
||9.00 am to 10.00 pm
||9.00 am to 5.00 pm
||9.00 am to 5.00 pm
|Books issue and return
||01.00 pm to 5.00 pm
Change of timings of the library shall be duly notified on the Notice Board of the library.
- 4.A student shall ordinarily borrow two books from the library on depositing the library card issued to him and shall return the book within 5 days from the date of issue. Any delay in return of the book shall attract a penalty as prescribed from time to time. In no case a student shall be allowed to take any Journal / Report / Magazine from the library on depositing the library card. Any request for renewal of the book shall be entertained only in the absence of any request from any other student for the same book. Failure to return the book to the library within the stipulated time shall attract disciplinary action against the defaulter. The list of names of the defaulters who failed to return the books on due date or deposit their penalty shall be published on the TNNLS website on the last day of every month.
- 5. Every student shall be responsible for the safe return of the book borrowed by him. In case of the loss of books borrowed or mutilation of pages of the book found at the time of return or detected afterwards, such student shall be liable for the replacement of the book. In case if the book is out of print, a penalty may be imposed by the authority concerned.
- 6. The following shall be the code of conduct to be strictly observed by the students and the visitors inside the library:
- Complete silence is to be maintained.
- Talking, discussions or using mobile phones not allowed.
- Eatables and drinks (tea or soft drinks) are not allowed.
- Sleeping inside the library is strictly prohibited.
- Earphones, Headphones and I-pods etc., are not allowed.
- Library computers are not for non-academic uses.
- Violation of library rules will result in strict disciplinary action.
- Personal books and other belonging are not allowed inside the library, except notebook, laptop or certain papers, with the permission of the Librarian.
- Person entering the library shall sign the visitor’s register kept at the library gate as token of his acceptance adhere the rules of the library.
- Underlining, marking, folding of pages, dog biting of page etc., in the book is strictly prohibited and shall attract penalty.
- Library staff will not be responsible for loss of personal belongings of the user.
- Watching movie or video on laptop, playing games on laptop and eating inside the library are strictly prohibited and shall be accordingly penalized.
- No other person is allowed to borrow books on other’s card.
- The Librarian shall have the discretion to recall any book even be for the due date.
- Librarian is the final authority to maintain order and discipline in the library, decide a particular act as an act of in discipline in the library and ask the student concerned to leave the library and / or impose any other appropriate punishment.
Note: Subject to Approval of Competent Authorities of the TNNLS